The Gentle Art of Relaxation
The gentle art of Reiki draws on universal life energy to benefit persons of any age and in any state of health. It offers comfort, nurture and support for the good health and balance of mind, body, and emotions.
Many ancient cultures, including the Japanese, Chinese, Indians and Egyptians, embraced the belief that life energy flowed through the body deeply affecting our bodies, minds and emotions. Current research strongly suggests that energy does extend throughout and beyond the physical body and that disruptions or imbalances in its flow correlate to physical, mental and emotional illnesses. The healing art of Reiki (pronounced ‘RAY-key’) addresses these imbalances to support your good health and well-being.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for relaxation with potential healing properties. The literal meaning of the word, Reiki, is universal life energy. It is a non-intrusive method of using hands on or near the body tapping into the energy referred to by philosophers and martial artists as ki in Japan.
Reiki is not massage, hypnosis, or a tool for diagnosing illness. Reiki is a technique that triggers the body’s natural healing abilities. Reiki healing is a natural therapy and a pure energy form that promotes balance and the normal regenerative processes of the body and mind, especially when combined with the sincere desire of a willing recipient.
Reiki promotes deep relaxation and releases blockages within the physical, mental, and emotional bodies. Release of tension and blockages then allow the natural flow of energy through the body, releasing toxins and waste products as the blockages leave. Once the blockages are removed, the person can then receive, hold and store more energy in the body, accelerating one’s own energy vibration.
Ultimately if we want healing to be permanent we must take responsibility for healing the cause. Reiki healing may help this too by allowing you to approach the changes in a calm, relaxed manner. Allowing you to let go of negative thoughts and attitudes, it can bring about greater self-awareness and your capacity to love yourself and others. Reiki can transform your life in many ways.
What Reiki Can Do For You?
- Reiki calms. It reduces stress, provides deep relaxation, comfort and peace.
- It boosts and improves the immune system.
- Reiki may bring spiritual clarity and promote creativity.
- Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow and may help in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions from being so draining and offers perspective.
- Reiki relieves pain.
- It can improve blood circulation and boost the immune system.
- Reiki detoxifies the body and cleanses the organs (liver, kidneys, arteries, spleen, fall bladder, lungs and heart.)
- Reiki is safe to treat symptoms of imbalance chronic and acute conditions, stress related disorders, conditions related to sinus, cystitis, churned fatigue, sciatica, insomnia and depression, to name a few.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness.
- Athletes recover and heal faster from injuries and find enhancement in their performance.
- Reiki purifies environments and removes negative energy from an office, house, garden, etc.
What is a Reiki Session Like?
You will normally lie on a table fully clothed, but the technique is so adaptable that you can receive it in almost any setting, including a chair or hospital bed, through casts and bandages, and in any state of health. When you come to a Reiki session it is best to wear loose, comfortable clothing.
A Reiki session is very simply performed. The practitioner places his or her hands on or near the willing participant in a series of hand positions, moving around the head, shoulders, stomach and feet and working on both the front and back side of the body.
The effects vary from individual to individual, but most people experience deep relaxation. You may perceive a tingling or pulsing sensation, a feeling of warmth and comfort, or you may even fall asleep. It is possible you’ll experience powerful sensations or emotions during or after a session but results are sometimes subtle.
The Reiki Principles
Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings… Just for today, I will not worry… Just for today, I will not be angry… Just for today, I will do my work honestly…. Just for today; I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.
** Reiki treatments are not intended to substitute any ongoing medical treatments, medication or programs that you might be following with your health care provider. For the diagnosis or treatment of any disease, please consult a licensed physician.